It’s a true a privilege to be part of a couple’s wedding day and witness their first moments after they’ve officially tied the knot. Of course, you want to wish them joy and happiness, but sometimes it’s tough to know what to write in a wedding card. Don’t stress if you’re not sure what to say! We’ve rounded up some of the best sentiments for you to share in a wedding card message, whether you’re looking for a formal greeting, a gracious welcome for a new family member, or a more casual and relaxed approach.
For starters, consider your relationship with the newlywed couple: A short, formal message is appropriate for a work friend or perhaps a distant relative you don’t know that well or see that often. But you can be more lighthearted or sentimental with a couple to whom you’re closer. Or maybe you’re looking for a wedding Bible verse or marriage prayer about love. You also may want to find extra-special words of welcome for a new family member. Perhaps you find yourself a little teary-eyed because your baby girl or boy is getting married. We’ve got the words for that, too! No matter what the circumstances, we’ve collected greetings that will work for every couple.
Read on to find the message that feels right to you:
Formal Wedding Wishes
- Happy wedding day to you both!
- All the best to you and your new spouse in the years to come.
- May you two share a deep and abiding love for a lifetime.
- Congratulations and happiness to you both in the years ahead.
- Here’s to a lifetime of happiness, health, and laughter together.
Wedding Card Messages for Work Friends or Colleagues
- So glad to be part of your special day!
- Wishing you two all the best!
- Best wishes to you both.
- Congratulations to the happy couple!
- Many blessings to you both, today and forever.
Wedding Bible Verses and Religious Wedding Wishes
- “This is my commandment: love each other just as I have loved you.” John 15:12
- “So they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore, humans must not pull apart what God has put together.” Mathew 19:6
- “Now faith, hope, and love remain—these three things—and the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints.” 1 Corinthians 13: 4-5
- “And over all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.” Colossians 3:14
- “Everything should be done in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14
- “Above all, show sincere love to each other, because love brings about the forgiveness of many sins.” 1 Peter 4:8
- “Don’t let loyalty and faithfulness leave you. Bind them on your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will find favor and approval in the eyes of God and humanity.” Proverbs 3: 3-4
- May God be your guide in all you do as a couple, and may your love grow to glorify Him in all things.
- Prayers for you both as you take these sacred marriage vows before God and all of us who love you.
Wedding Card Messages for a New Family Member
- Since we first met, I knew you were meant to be part of our family!
- Welcome to the family!
- So glad you’re officially part of our family now.
- You bring so much joy to our family. Here’s to our growing family tree!
- I can’t wait to make new memories together as a family. Welcome!
Wedding Card Messages for a Son or Daughter
- May you always love each other deeply, as I love you.
- So proud of you and the kind and loving person you have chosen. Congratulations!
- Prayers for a strong and lasting love that will endure forever!
- My heart is full of love for you both as you embark on this new adventure together.
- I always knew you’d find someone to cherish you as much as I do. Wishing you a lifetime of joy!
- You may be all grown up, but you’ll always be my/our baby. Much love and happiness to you both on this wonderful occasion!
- I’m so blessed to be your mom/dad and to see you become such an amazing person. All my love to you both as you begin your life together.
- We’re so excited for you! Feeling blessed to share this special day with you as your parents.
- Holding you close in my heart as our family grows. Wishing you both joy, laughter, and good health for a lifetime.
Casual and Funny Wedding Card Wishes
- May your happy never have an ending! Congrats!
- If you’re brave enough to join this family, we love you already!
- Here’s the most important question: Who gets the remote?
- Thanks for the free food! Happy Wedding Day!
- Our advice: Love, laugh, and always clean up after yourselves!
- Yay! You finally did it!
Arricca SanSone has written about health and lifestyle topics for Prevention, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and more. She’s passionate about gardening, baking, reading, and spending time with the people and dogs she loves.